Huge Oil & Gas Companies Want to Mine Bitcoin
Recap of everything Bitcoin: Weekend Edition
200 oil and gas execs and Bitcoin miners met in Houston to discuss why using “stranded” natural gas to power bitcoin mining reduces greenhouse gas emissions and makes money for the gas provides, and miners.
Bilaxy – a sh*tcoin and Bitcoin exchange – deletes their website following a major hack on their platform. The total loss is around $450 million. Not your keys, not your coin!
Mastercard now prohibits the sale of products or services that is “patently offensive and lacks serious artistic value.” What does mastercard have to do with any of this? Just another reason why we are so grateful that Bitcoin exists.
Join us watching a coffee purchase using Bitcoin, instantly and with almost no fees! No more need to convert your currency OR use a bank. In contrast to thousands of people in Afghanistan lining up at the Western Union…
BTC Daily News Sources
The bitcoin sarafi (money exchanger) keeps messaging me to please sell him more bitcoin.— bibi janey (@janeygak) September 2, 2021
Meanwhile at the banks: pic.twitter.com/dCVC88wOtB
Conservative Purge Continues: Chase Bank Tells Gen. Michael Flynn They Are Closing His Accounts and Cancelling His Credit Cards; Claim Continuing to Allow the Decorated Veteran Access to His Accounts “Creates Reputational Risk”
By the middle of next month, Chase Bank will be closing the personal accounts and credit cards of Retired US General Michael Flynn. The well respected and highly decorated combat veteran has been a target of the deep state and big tech from the beginning of Trump’s presidency. He was dragged through the swamp in the Russian collusion delusion and had already been purged off of mainstream social media sites like Twitter, but that wasn’t enough to silence him. https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021…
Bitcoin miners and oil and gas execs mingled at a secretive meetup in Houston – here’s what they talked about
HOUSTON – On a residential back street of Houston, in a 150,000 square-foot warehouse safeguarding high-end vintage cars, 200 oil and gas execs and bitcoin miners mingled, drank beer, and talked shop on a recent Wednesday night in August.
These two groups of people may seem as though they are at opposite ends of the professional and social spectrums, but their worlds are colliding – fast. As it turns out, the industries make for compatible bedfellows. Just take Hayden Griffin Haby III, an oilman turned bitcoiner. The Texas native and father of three has spent 14 years in oil and gas, and he epitomizes what this monthly meetup is all about. https://www.cnbc.com/2021/09/04/bitco…
Daily Fail Sources
Bilaxy Cryptocurrency Exchange Deletes The Website Following A Crucial Hack
A less prominent cryptocurrency exchange, Bilaxy, confirms a major hacking incident on its platform. In addition, the exchange reports some fund losses from the attack on its platform’s ERC-20 hot wallet. An announcement on its Telegram channel disclosed that the exchange was hacked on August 28. The attack occurred between 6 p.m. and 7 p.m. UTC through the transfer of 295 different ERC-20 tokens.
Mastercard prohibits the sale of any product or service that is “patently offensive and lacks serious artistic value.” That could be literally anything. What does “patently” mean? What is “offensive”? How does Mastercard litigate “artistic value”?https://t.co/zHaVhODdTs pic.twitter.com/Ud4Nwygsdq— John Paul Koning (@jp_koning) September 4, 2021
wait, so eth is not a store of value?— Kenan (@Kenan199387) September 2, 2021
Epic Meme by: @HonkHoganBTC
COLDCARD V4.1.3 RELEASED
- Support “importdescriptors” command in Bitcoin Core 0.21 so that a descriptor-based wallet is created. PSBT files are then supported natively by Core, and the resulting desktop wallet can be used for spending (ie. create PSBT via GUI) and also watching. Translation: Easy air-gap PSBT operation with Bitcoin Core!
- Remove “m/0/0” derivations from public.txt and address explorer, since that path is obsolete and not used by any major wallets now. We can still sign PSBT files with that path, but it’s an unnecessary risk to show derived addresses for a type of wallet that doesn’t exist anymore.
- If PSBT input sections don’t contain the key path information we need, show a more specific error message.
- Any PSBT which provided the wrong pubkey (based on UTXO being spent) was not flagged as invalid, but instead we proceeded to do nothing. Now says “pubkey vs. address wrong”.
- If asked to serialize a partially-signed transaction, we did. Now fails properly.
- If multiple copies of the same BIP-39 passphrase were saved to a card, the menu would not display correctly and you might not be able to select your saved value. ► https://blog.coinkite.com/version-4.1…
✔ Crypto Cloaks:
► For all of your 3D printed needs: Bitcoin Node Cases, Lightning Network Code Cases, BTC keychains, coasters, 3D Printed Honey Badgers, wallet mounts and a whole lot more ! ►http://www.cryptocloaks.com?afmc=2h&u…
► A Bitcoin cultural zine. Bitcoin culture is rich and varied. It contains a multitude of voices, opinions and flavors. Together they form what is seemingly chaos, but with an abundance of signal. Citadel21 aims to curate this chaos and put some of the best, coolest and weirdest pieces of raw signal on display. Get the latest copy of Citadel 21 while supplies last only 1000 of each volume are made. ► https://www.citadel21.com
✔ Join our Telegram, Give us Memes to Review!
✔ Descriptions & Thumbnails by, Meg:
DISCLAIMER: All views in this episode are our own and DO NOT reflect the views of any of our guests or sponsors.